In an exclusive conversation with mid-day, actor Harshad Chopda, who was recently seen in Lock Upp, opened up about his reality-show experience, what he learnt about himself and whether he would consider doing another reality show. The actor revealed that he entered the show without thinking about winning, instead viewing it as an opportunity to present his real self to the audience.
“I’ll start from the beginning. Maybe it will help you understand better. So, the moment I decided to do this show, I never thought about winning. I thought about giving,” he said.
Explaining what he wanted to give, Harshad added, “I thought this is that opportunity where I can show my real self to the audience. Because the show was also about ‘Sach Ka Samna’ and ‘Own Your Truth’ and all of that, you know. So, when it was offered, I wanted to do it. Since I wanted to do it, I was looking for a meaning in it. I was thinking about what I could give back, what I would do, and what my reason for doing it would be. So, I found that meaning.”
How Harshad Chopda perceived Lock Upp
Harshad said he deliberately chose complete honesty. “I thought, I will expose myself completely. Because I have heard so much about myself in the world, good and bad. I feel a lot of people think they understand me and know me. I have heard so many things that I feel, if they are not true, then they are wrong, they are lies. I thought, this will be a clear-cut, 35-day experiment where everybody will know how I am.”
Looking back, he said another reality show would feel different and his bond with Shivangi Joshi. “But if I ever do it again, a reality show, I won’t be fearful. If I ever do it, I will know what I am supposed to do.” He added, “Earlier, I didn’t understand what was happening here or why it was happening. If people were fighting, I would wonder, ‘Why are they fighting? Why are they doing it unnecessarily?’ Now I understand what is happening. That is supposed to be the game.”
Harshad Chopda reveals Lock Upp took a mental toll
However, Harshad admitted that the show’s impact has stayed with him. “I’m still hearing those sounds from inside. I am not able to stop eating. I’m eating continuously. I’m either eating or sleeping.” He revealed, “I’m eating till I feel like I can’t stand and I can’t lie down. I’m just eating, overeating, and not out of hunger, but out of craving.”
Describing his current routine, he said, “I’m eating salt. I’m eating sugar. I’m just eating continuously.” He added, “You will see my face is a little swollen right now. That’s because the body is just holding water.”
Harshad is now waiting for his body and mind to return to normal. “I’m waiting for my body to come to a normal regime, go to a normal routine, stop eating. After that, let’s see what’s happening.”
On dealing with the aftermath, he concluded, “Or maybe cut off. Like, I need to hear nothing. Any bit of sound is affecting me. I was waiting. I thought it would end in 35 days. I’m waiting.”
0 Comments