function downloadVideo() { const videoUrl = document.getElementById('videoUrl').value; // Implement logic to download the video (e.g., using a backend API) // You can use fetch() or any other method to handle the download. // Replace this placeholder with your actual download logic. console.log(`Downloading video from ${videoUrl}`); } Rajshri Deshpande says breast cancer diagnosis was a ‘wake-up call’ for her

Rajshri Deshpande says breast cancer diagnosis was a ‘wake-up call’ for her

To an outsider, Rajshri Deshpande’s is a story of survival as the actor has been on the path to recovery after being diagnosed with grade 1 breast cancer in March. But to her, it’s also a story of love. Talking to mid-day, she said that the cancer diagnosis came up as a “wake-up call” to go back to loving herself. “I loved myself all these years. I was always a fearless person. But somewhere you forget [self-love]. For me, it was a wake-up call that I was stressing myself mentally,” she shared.

Besides acting, Deshpande works towards rural development through her non-profit organisation Narbhangan Foundation. She said the stress that accompanies social work had taken a toll on her. “Sometimes you are dealing with an issue and thinking about it. Carrying it [within] hurts you,” she said. 

Taking care of herself and making time for her passions are her top priority now. That’s evident as she enrolled in a course at London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. “I’m glad that God and my parents’ love gave me another chance to live. I want to do more. If you don’t dream or hope, dance and sing or scream, what else is important?” 



Post a Comment

0 Comments